ONE STOP PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE
MAKE THE FIRST IMPRESSION COUNT
One of the most important aspects of selling your home is preparing for your appointment with Wow Video Tours. Great quality videography and photography requires teamwork and cooperation. Let us make it count and provide stunning visuals for buyers by ensuring your home is ready.
The success of your appointment depends largely on YOU and your preparation. To create the best video and photography we need all homes to be 100% “show” ready when we arrive. The following information below provides a checklist to organize every room in your home. We will do our part; now we ask that you help by getting your home ready!
Quick Tips For homeowners
Tip 1: The house should be 100% ready when WOW arrives!
For the best quality media, our Vidtographers must be able to move freely from one room to the next. Therefore, it is important that your home is 100% “show ready” for your appointment.
Tip 2: What we will do?
- Adjust blinds and lighting for best possible exposure
- Close all toilet seats in bathrooms
Tip 3: What we will NOT do.
- Make beds, clean, dust, or declutter
- Move or handle pets and pet items
- Touch personal hygiene items (shampoo, toothbrushes, deodorant, towels, combs/brushes, etc.)
- “Photoshop” vehicles, walls, power lines, wall pictures, cords, etc.
Tip 4: Can our pets be in the home?
Tip 5: Can any other contractors be onsite with WOW while they are filming?
While we would like to be open to working around other contractors, it would inhibit our ability to provide the best quality media of your home if any other contractors were present. We ask that no one else is at the home while we are filming please!
Tip 6: How long will the appointment take?
Over the years we have developed ways to film homes while maximizing efficiency. This allows you to enjoy more of your day while allowing our Vidtographers to serve more clients. Here are the allotted appointment times based on the square footage of your home:
- 1,000-2,000 Sq. Ft. – 20-40 minute appointment
- 2,000-3,500 Sq. Ft. – 30-60 minute appointment
- 3,500-5,000 Sq. Ft. – 45-90 minute appointment
- 5,000+ Sq. Ft. – 1+ hour appointment
Tip 7: When will my agent have my media?
- Photos: By close of business on the next business day.
- Video: By close of business on the second business day.
Our Quality promise
We never stop questioning if we can do better. We never stop searching for the next technology that can enhance marketing power for our clients and homeowners. We continue to build on our strengths of hard work, teamwork, family focus and fun.
Production is a collaborative and creative process and we find that products created with a fun attitude and great culture simply outshine the competition. That is our quality promise to you…to create products that WOW you, potential buyers, and assist in marketing your home.
For Preparing Your Home
- Thoroughly clean whole house (vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows) Turn all overhead lights and lamps ON
- Replace all burned out light bulbs
- Use bulbs of the same temperature (ALL incandescent or ALL compact fluorescent)
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF
- Turn all TVs OFF
- Turn all computer screens OFF
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light
- Make all beds
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets
Curb Appeal- Front online
- Front door/Garage door closed
- Remove cars from driveway and front of home
- Clean up landscaping (mow, trim shrubs, clear leaves)
- Remove empty planters
- Sweep off debris on walkway/driveway/porch
- Remove visible water hoses
- Remove trash cans
Curb Appeal - Back
- Mow yard and pull weeds
- Clean porch of leaves and debris
- Tidy up outdoor tables/chairs/cushions
- Put away kid’s toys, balls, frisbees, etc.
- Remove visible water hoses
- Clean pool
- Turn on water features
- Clear countertops completely.
- No knife blocks, baking supplies, mail, etc.
- Leave out max of one small appliance (ex. coffee maker)
- Clear outside of refrigerator of magnets, papers, photos, etc.
- Remove hand towels and small rugs
- Hide garbage cans in pantry or closet
- Remove dishes from sink; place in dishwasher
- Put away pet bowls/supplies
- Clear table; dust and polish the table top
- Use decorative place setting if available
- Feature one center piece such as a bouquet of flowers
- Straighten all chairs and space them evenly
- Remove child seats/booster chairs
- Arrange/rearrange furniture to give room maximum space
- Remove stacks of magazines, papers, mail, etc.
- Declutter fireplace mantel/hearth
- Fluff and arrange furniture pillows
- Remove kid’s toys
- Pet items/toys put away
- Make bed, including decorative pillows/shams if available
- Press bed linens and bed skirts
- Clear nightstands of all personal items
- Store away phone/tablet charging cables
- Remove all clutter from top of dressers
- Clean under bed, removing items that may show in the photos
- Clear countertops completely. No soap, toothbrushes, medications, deodorant, etc.
- Put toilet seats down
- Close closet doors
- Remove shampoo, soap, loofahs, etc. from showers and tubs
- Remove dirty towels – leave out only new, unused towels
- Remove floor mats
- Place food and water bowls in pantry or closet
- Place pet beds/toys in pantry or closet
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair
- Contain pets in hidden crate (move to garage or unfinished space in basement)
- Clear back yard of pet waste
STAGING YOUR HOME CAN HELP
Selling your home is like selling a product, it must be marketed correctly to reach a specific buyer. Although your furnishings and decor are great for your lifestyle, it’s important to optimize your home for the future buyer. All of the tips suggested in the previous sections were approved by professional home stagers from the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) –Dallas Chapter.
A professional home stager can provide you with a consultation to help you prepare your home for sale and make sure your home shows at its best online through the walkthrough video and photographs.
Ask your REALTOR about professional staging or visit RESA to find a stager in your area.